Grosvenor Landscape Technologies are approved installers for Ice Energy heat pumps in Sussex and Surrey.
For those who wish for a more technical understanding of heat pumps, please refer to the working principles and component function pages, but for those who prefer are more general understanding, there are a number of questions that you are likely to want answered.
First Question: What does a Heat Pump do?
Heat pumps are machines that harvest large volumes of low temperature heat energy (the Source) and convert it into useable heat energy with which to heat your home and to produce all of the hot water you use.
Second Question: From where is this low temperature Source energy drawn?
The Source energy required can be drawn from the soil using a Ground Source Heat Pump (GSHP) or it can be drawn from the air using an Air Source Heat Pump (ASHP). It can also be drawn from a water course using a Water Source Heat Pump (WSHP).
Third Question: Why should I install a heat pump in my home?
- Heat Pumps harness the solar energy stored in the earth / water / air to provide clean, environmentally friendly and highly efficient heating and hot water for your home!
- They burn no fossil fuels in the process and have Coefficient of Performance (COP’s) results of better than 3:1 (ASHP) & 4:1 (GSHP) – see Exceptional efficiency page.
- Unlike other renewable energy this system works whatever the weather, day & night.
- Savings of up to 70% of the cost of heating your home can be made when compared against oil, 75% against LPG & 40% against natural gas.
- Have zero scheduled maintenance, can be easily adapted to provide cooling, heat a swimming pool and add significant value to your home!
- Installing a Heat pump from GROSVENOR LANDSCAPE TECHNOLOGIES / Ice Energy qualifies the system for the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) payments.
Forth Question: How reliable is this technology?
Although relatively new to the UK, heat pumps are a proven technology pioneered by IVT in Sweden where 97% of all new houses are specified with heat pump systems.
Based on refrigeration technology heat pumps are extremely reliable with no regular maintenance required, our pumps have a planned life span of 25 years with no loss of efficiency (oil boilers can lose up to 2% efficiency for each year of operation and have a useable life-span of about 12 years).
Fifth Question: Why should I choose Grosvenor Landscape Technologies to install my heat pump?
Because as an approved installer for Ice Energy Heat Pumps, we have the training and experience to ensure the installation process is trouble free and the knowledge and skills to offer a professional and educated service from initial survey to system commissioning.
Your installation will be approved under the ‘Microgeneration Scheme’ and will therefore qualify you to receive (RHI) funding.
A full 5 year parts and labour warranty.
Please feel free to ask us for contact details of customers who are willing to act as independent referees.
Sixth Question: How much will it cost?
At the risk of sounding evasive, the cost is very much dependent on the requirements of your home. There are a significant number of factors which need to be considered before a quotation can be prepared. We are pleased to offer no obligation and free of charge quotations. To do so we will need to arrange a meeting on site with yourselves the result of which will determine the type and size of heat pump required as well as the specification of the ancillary works required to carry out the installation.
Please contact us to arrange a site visit and your free quotation.
Martin Blake 01444 400139 or 07932 081889